Monday, March 10, 2014

Feed My Lambs

Lord, what is your command?
Feed my lambs.


They are too young.
Let them come.


They do not know what they do.
Is that really up to you?


I don’t want to be a stumbling block.
Then feed my whole flock.


They just want a special snack.
Do not turn them back.


The Bible says they might drink unworthily.
Let them come unto me.


I dare not argue with the Word.
I said let them come, have you heard?


This is just how it’s always done.
Let them come.


They think it’s a whole lot of fun.
Should it not be, dear one?


They might make it into a mockery.
Let the children come unto me.


The Leaders have said I may not.
Really, is that all you’ve got?


The elders won’t like it if I…
Feed my lambs? (sigh)


Y'know, I don't actually have a say...
Do not turn my little ones away.

“Let the little children come unto me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

Matthew 19:14 NKJV

6 comments:

  1. Jamie, you know how I feel about this so I think this is a wonderful post. Yes, "Let the little children come!" I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have heard all the excuses. It's time for a change.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.