Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Post Without A Title

This is my hundredth post on Ava Anomaly! I have been putting it off because I just couldn't think of a way to make it truly memorable, and I like to celebrate milestones.
We have been doing a 40 Days of Poetry challenge with our Story Sessions group. I'm really enjoying the prompts and I've been doing a lot of soul-searching and excavating. Yesterday, I needed something light-hearted and our prompt was to write a villanelle. It's not as easy as it looks, and I almost gave up after I kept failing at my attempts. My mind was blank. So I decided to write about that. (I've done this before back in my early days of blogging, and it worked out pretty well. ) So here ya go: I know it's terrible and that's the fun of it. So have a good laugh about it with me! :)


My mind is blank; i cannot think
I fear the muse will try to flee
I’m wasting lots of precious ink.


My spirit has begun to sink
My better work is mocking me
My mind is blank; I cannot think.


I stare at lines; try not to blink
I hope I have not killed a tree
While wasting lots of precious ink.


The whites of eyes are turning pink
My motivation lost at sea
My mind’s gone blank; i cannot think


Perhaps I should go get a drink
Just for a minute to be free
From wasting lots of precious ink


My firm resolve has found a chink
I’ve really, truly gotta pee
I’ve drawn a blank; I cannot think
I lied; I am not using ink.

*Title credit for this post goes to my brother-in-law, Jon Nathan.

2 comments:

  1. Was The Post Without A Title written by A Horse With No Name? #wompwomp

    Congrats on your 100th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I love you Kate. And thanks. :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.