Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December 3rd, Afternoon

Vulnerable

I am so overwhelmed
I can’t let one more wave crash over me,
Not one.
(Though I am powerless to stop an ocean;
Why would I fight it?)
I want to run away from myself.
I want to pull away and hide
Even from the ones I love most.
I think to myself sometimes:
My children understand me best.
Son threw himself screaming into my embrace
Letting me know his toy was brave of the dark.
I want to be brave of the dark, too.
Maybe I just need to be enveloped;
The thump-thump of another breast against mine
Letting me know I am loved
Even when my ear-shattering shriek should be repulsive
But instead sends a mother-heart dashing
To hold me 
And only let me go when I am ready.





Writing out the poetry. It doesn't have to be good. Not every poem has to be stellar. This one is just me giving you a window into my mind. Do you have some words you just need to get out? Feel free to leave them or a link to them in a comment. I'd love to hear from your heart.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the example to let it out. http://guidedfreespirit.blogspot.com/2013/12/would-it-be-okay.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.