Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September Stuff- What I'm Into

Linking up with Leigh Kramer for her What I'm Into series.

I should have titled this "Swamped in September."

It has been busy with birthdays, car trips, vacation, homeschool, and just trying to find our groove again. I can't seem to get the timing back on track. I feel like I can never catch up but I can never stop trying and it's stressing me out. I've been mostly in hiding from social media and I hate that because I love the social part of it. But I want to be present in the here and now, investing in my family, doing things we love. And I can't do it all! So forgive me if I miss important announcements or seem like I'm hiding. (I am, most of the time.) I'm hoping it's a seasonal malady. Bring back the summer!

Here are a few highlights; things I loved!

This, here to greet us outside the window of the place we were staying on vacation.
Seeing an unusually large amount of animals on our end-of-the-day safari ride at Animal Kingdom:


Kaitlin and Lacey in Jedi training. (Simon was there, too, but not featured here):
The children were so happy to meet the different Disney characters around the parks.
Though I have to say my favorite part of the vacation was all the time I got to spend with this guy <3:

(I have no segue. And apparently no imagination today. So let's move along here.)
 
Sally Hansen nail polish, Sonic Bloom. I linked you to amazon for a photo, but you can get it at Target or Walmart for $2. It's prettier in real life. Also, it's totes bad for you, containing aluminum and all those other nasty, smelly ingredients. If they had this color in Keeki, I'd totally get it. But the color-happy is good for the soul. I'll just paint toenails only so it doesn't come in contact with our food. I know it's a perfectly illogical justification. Just go with me. ;)

Downhere in this music video! This video makes me want to resurrect the songwriter within; the one I burned out into a premature retirement. I want her to come back so badly now, but I'm still scared to let her. This song has single-handedly pushed me back toward inspiration. I can't stop listening to it!

I started a new Empathy series, with an amazing queue of guest posts. I am beyond excited about it, which explains why I keep sharing about it. You will not want to miss this. In fact, you can sign up to contribute, if you feel led. I would be thrilled!

Books: I do not even know if I completed any books in September, though my husband and I laughed into tears on our car trip while I was reading aloud chapters from My Man Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse. I'm also borrowing The Whole30 diet book from my sister. I thought I was going to try it but then I realized (a.) I can't afford this during the crunch months of Sept-Dec. (b.) no way am I giving up all the seasonal pumpkin and apple treats of October, my birthday month! Not to mention cake. Wait, I did. Too late.

I am totally into being healthy! And what I mean by that is, my doctor is irreplaceable. What I mean by that is, I have finally reached the point of heart healing where my supplement program is completely maintaining stability for me. What I mean by that is, I am 100% into naturo/homeopathic healing. I have not had any episodes of SVT for more than a full month! Yeah, baby! I am totally into Hello, having a life again! WHOO!

I drove all over Chicago yesterday. NBD. (read: TOTALLY A BIG DEAL!) I drove all over Chicago with 3 kids in a new seating arrangement in the back and Google directions that got me "lost" in a way that took me through two unnecessary tolls (conspiracy!,) dropped me in the middle of the city, and then calmly announced, "GPS signal lost." We met up with an old/new friend and took an impulsive trip to the Lincoln Park Zoo. (First time for my family.) Hooray for friendship and field trips!


There. I always make this longer than I intend, yet I still forget stuff that I meant to include.

What's been keeping you all busy? Do tell. In comments, or if you blog, why don't you join Leigh's incredible link-up? <3

4 comments:

  1. I'm right with you about feeling stressed at how behind you are AND unable to let it go. Exhausting!


    Glad you had a good Disney trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brenda. I almost feel like the stress is in the air. How do we not breathe it? I wish I was 10 again and could fix it all by going and making some cookies, you know? Hope things settle for us soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this, Jamie, and seeing the pictures! It was great to see you if only for a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish it could have been longer.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.