Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Mother's Remembrance


This is the 3rd guest post in our Empathy series. It is written by none other than my own dear and lovely mother. She blogs over at Momsy's Musings so be sure to head over for a visit and give her some comment love.

A Mother's Remembrance

I will never forget that day for as long as I live! We were very tired from walking, my friends and I and our children. We had been following Jesus listening to His every word. He was like no one else we had ever seen or heard! He was teaching with authority and even healed people with all kinds of diseases! He must be from God!

There were so many people, though, that we didn’t think we could even get close to him. But WE WERE DETERMINED! Oh, we were so excited and the children could hardly contain themselves when we finally got close enough to see him. Then imagine our disappointment and utter dismay when His close friends stopped us. They told us to go away that Jesus was tired and couldn’t be bothered with the children right now. What a letdown and so typical of the leaders. They must think children don’t matter much or can’t understand things, but they are so very wrong.

We didn’t come this far just to be turned away. I mustered up my courage and with tears streaming down my face cried out, “Please, I beg you! I know He is tired, but we won’t take much time and it will mean so much to the children to have been with Him.” But they would not budge.

We slowly turned and started to walk away when we heard Jesus talking. What was He saying – something about the children? Imagine our surprise and happiness when we realized that He actually reprimanded His friends and said, ”Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” Can you believe it? This wonderful teacher said that the kingdom of God belongs to those who are like little children!

Then He took each one of the children and laying His hands on them He blessed them. How gentle, how kind and how tenderly he treated them. What a joy to this mother’s heart to see how much He loved the children! And what a lesson to us as mothers to love our children, never to push them aside but lovingly with our words and actions teach them to be lovers of God, to always respect and honor Him knowing how much they mean to Him.

Scriptures used were: Matt. 19:13-15, Mark 10:13-16, Luke 18:15-17

I am a follower of Jesus Christ , wife to Steve for 39 years, mother of 4 daughters and 3 sons, grandmother of 13. My husband, sons and I live in a log house on a hill where we have begun homesteading.  We have three dogs, several chickens, 2 Nubian dairy goats and a cat .  I have been a homeschool mom for over 20 yrs., love to read, listen to and make music, cook from scratch, crochet, and learn new things.

3 comments:

  1. Trying to imagine bringing my wild ones to Jesus. I think maybe if the three of them worked together they could dodge around those 12 forbidding men if they had to. But of course, Jesus wouldn't let them be stopped anyway. It probably delighted Him to see their pure and uncrushed spirits, their unwavering, instinctual trust in His goodness, and their wiggly natures that could not be tamed to sit down for very long.
    I guess the kingdom of God is quite the zoo! ;)
    Thanks for sharing your insights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie beat me to it! I was going to say, "That is so true!" LOL Guess we all tend to think alike at times. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.