Monday, May 20, 2013

Perspective

Perspective

oh rescue me from the health and wealth mentality
that if i do enough god will bless me;
that if i pray enough,
read my bible enough,
give of my time and resources enough,
pursue all virtues and practice all godliness
that somehow the almighty will be forced to look down
and shower me with all the things i want in life.
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

oh rescue me from the visions of hopelessness;
from "just doing my job."
from walking the other side of the road
pretending not to see the wounded.
from taking care of myself always before all else.
from saying that all is as it has always been,
that there is nothing new;
that life is meaningless. 
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 

oh rescue me from the need to be rescued;
the desire to be "taken away" from the sadness.
let me be a repairer of broken walls,
a restorer of broken roads,
a protector of bruised reeds.
a shield for low-burning candles,
a welcoming light in the window,
a meal-maker for the hungry.
Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

oh rescue me from my judging of Others
from knowing it all; from being the good girl 
let my love not be the proud kind that tries
to numb the crucified heart that hangs and bleeds 
for souls not found,
not wanting to be found,
not ever;
because of Us. 
And lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil,
inside and out.
for all is thine
for all of time.
kingdom.
power.
glory.
eternity.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.