Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Taking It Easy This Week

Wow! Last week I was merrily rolling out the blog posts and enjoying every minute of it! So much that Josh ended up making dinner one night. (Not that he minds, but normally I love to cook and don't miss the opportunity to escape to the kitchen while he plays with the kids.)

But we had a busy weekend and I'm dealing with some exhausting health setbacks. (Nope, don't even go there. I am not the p-word. ;) )

So I'm taking the pressure off myself to post anything else this week. Actually, I'm taking as much time as I need but I'm really hoping it's only this week because blogging has opened up a new creative avenue that I am really enjoying! (Also, I haz pictures of cute kids!)

In the meantime, we'll be taking it easy around here. Lots and lots and lots of kitchen therapy! And tons of good books. And some MMORPG gaming with my husband and brothers and online friends. We'll call it Spring Break, mmkay?

Also, just so you know? Spring is a pie crust promise. And it was easily broken. We had one good day last week and now it's back to dire cold. My kids have wanted eggnog for their afternoon snack two days in a row now. Good thing they don't mind the cheat version. :)


Cheat Version Eggnog
3 cups raw whole milk
2 pastured raw eggs
1-2 T. maple syrup
1 t. vanilla flavoring
1/4 t. powdered nutmeg

Heat milk on low until warm (but not scalding or you'll end up with puddin'.) Add maple syrup. Whisk in eggs until dissolved. Pour in vanilla. Whisk until well mixed. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve in mugs.

Healthy and delicious! And filling!

And now, I shall leave you with the hair stylings of Miss Kaitlin Bagley, (drum roll, please.)
 Cymbals crashing!
 Muted trumpet "wha wha."
 Cue canned laughter.

Yep. We're a cheesy bunch. See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try that cheat version of egg nog. Sound delicious! Oh, and the pictures are great! It's a wonder Kaitlin got the boys to be still enough to put the ponytails in! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.