Monday, February 11, 2013

About Ava

Family picture taken at my parents' home. Nov. '12



I am new to blogging. I know some bloggers post their "about me" on a side bar. Since I am not tech savvy I will just write it as a new post for now and get some help later:

Why a pen name? I am not really so much interested in being anonymous on the internet. It's not about that at all.

In the olden days, my three sisters and I founded a casual writers' club. I confess I don't remember much about it except that we all had pen names and a lot of fun. I'm a sentimental fool, no question there. However, I really didn't want to revisit the Kitty Chiggerdop of auld, so I chose a new psuedonym. Fine. Color me goofy.

My real name is Jamie Wright Bagley. Yes, all of that. Wright was my last name for 26 years; I'm rather fond of it! Plus, I want to love and honor the family I was born into. However, I am fond of my husband, too, and I want to share his name. Also, I should mention that my middle name was Sue. So I ditched it. (Sorry Mom and Dad.)   So... there you go. "Put some Windex on it" (-to quote the dad from My Big Fat Greek Wedding.)

I live in the suburbs of Chicago with my family. We rent a small, 2-bedroom apartment in Willowbrook, IL. My husband Josh is a web programmer for Intervarsity Press, a non-profit Christian book publisher. I stay at home with the rest of the family. Life is lived relatively simply. The children are home educated; we cook from scratch. We have one car that keeps shrinking; don't ask me how. We are dreamers. We are casual gamers. We are also avid readers; a life without books (and blogs?) is a dull life indeed. Family togetherness is a priority. And so is sleep. Most definitely! Oh, and a good cup of tea or three. Tea is my favorite.

I love to write. That, of course, is far from unique. Look at all the blogs out there. I understand the draw now; I am captive to it! Communication is a beautiful thing. Everyone has a different story or many stories to tell. It's how we live life.

It is my hope that I will inspire others to write; stories real or made up, poetry, etc. Whether I ignite the flame of a thousand imaginations or only one, it will be worth it. I will enjoy life and then write about it. I am excited!

Peace. Love. Joy.

Ava
(a.k.a. Jamie, because if I change my Google ID it just creates all sorts of headaches for me.)

4 comments:

  1. Glad I found this Jamie - I love your writing style - please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Claire! I'm so glad you stopped by. It's very encouraging. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.